Glass Mask

Posted Tuesday, February 12, 2008 by MoonLunita

Glass Mask (Garasu no Kamen)



A shoujo manga by Suzue Miuchi that unfortunately the story has no end. It was published in January of 1976 with 42 volumes.

It is about a teen aged girl, Maya Kitajima, who has a special interest in performance wanting to become a famous stage actress while some people just looked at her as very common and kind of useless little girl who can't be able to reach her dreams without knowing her natural skills to perform, overcoming even the well known and her future rival young actress Ayumi Himekawa. With the help of Chigusa Tsukikage, a veteran talented and very famous actress who discovered Maya's great talent, will be capable to success her in the biggest an most important role "The Crimson Goddess".

There is an old anime version aired in April 09 1984 to September 27 1984 with 23 episodes that in 1998 was remade with an OVA of 3 episodes. And in 2005 they started all over again with a new version that is still going with 51 episodes.

I knew about this manga by my dearest friend Sri (before read it, she already knew I would love it! she knows me very well ^-^ hehe) this is the number one of my top mangas because of my passion for theatre, I could say it is a story made for me as I identify Maya's dreams, her situations, her desires and her talented that needed to be discovered as mine are. Someday, I would love to read the end of this manga because it is an excellent work, perhaps in the new anime version will be a possible end but thus the manga has not the end, it wont be the original finish.

****




0 pieces of candy: